Position: China Sales Manager
Protochips is the global market leader in the revolutionary in situ electron microscopy market with over 300 installed systems around the world. We are expanding in China and need dynamic, intelligent, sales professionals to drive our business and capture this rapidly expanding market. This position requires someone with strong business and customer-facing skills as well as strong technical and scientific background to manage both the business growth and the team required to capture it. In this role you will have direct responsibility for growing our China revenue and market share through direct and indirect channels. To be effective in this role, you must be highly motivated, enjoy working with a small, dynamic team, have a “whatever it takes” attitude, a varied skill set, and a desire to make an impact. Nanotechnology is changing how companies and labs develop products and technologies, and in situ electron microscopy is revolutionizing the process and accelerating the results. Join our team and be a part of this leading-edge revolution!
- Increase Protochips’ market penetration through development and implementation of effective business and sales plans.
- Work directly and with distributors and local sales to develop and manage our opportunity pipeline and drive revenue to hit targets.
- Track sales targets and maintain an accurate forecast in our Salesforce CRM database.
- Drive all activities with customers and distributors to ensure a growing pipeline & revenue stream. g. Customer meetings, product demonstrations, workshops, seminars, and product training of local sales channels.
- Own the customer relationship at all levels and work closely with our service and applications teams to provide outstanding technical support.
- Close coordination with applications and marketing teams to ensure effective product documentation and sales tools.
- Develop product competence and technical knowledge allowing you to effectively present/sell products and train channels.
Expertise: Account Management, Channel and Sales Management, Direct Sales
Education: BS or MS, preferably in an engineering or science-based curriculum
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Either in Shanghai or Beijing, China
Job Level: Manager
Languages: Written and verbal fluency in both English and Mandarin
- 10+ years of direct experience in account management and sales of technology intensive capital equipment into both public and private sectors with preferred experience in the electron microscopy industry.
- Motivated and organized self-starter who requires limited supervision and has experience developing and executing a sales plan.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively interact with scientists and sales channels.
- Organized and disciplined follower of business processes such as CRM management, prospect development, forecasting, TAM assessments, etc.
- Channel Management
- Proficient in writing customer proposals and closing deals.
- Available for 50+% business travel.
- MS or higher in relevant science or engineering discipline; MBA
- 10+ years of direct sales experience in electron microscopy industry
- Team management experience
- In-depth knowledge of the microscopy market
Compensation & Employment:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a Benefits plan
Interested applicants should contact Ann Zaborowski at firstname.lastname@example.org