Job Title: Semiconductor Process Engineer
Reports To: Mfg Eng Mgr
Department: Manufacturing Operations
The Semiconductor Processor Engineer will support existing production lines and assist in the development and qualification of new semiconductor processes and products. The position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This position requires prior engineering experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- Improve and optimize processes used during wafer fabrication of our patented E-chip product lines. Areas include LPCVD thin film depositions, thermal evaporation, metrology, photolithography, plasma etching, metallization, wet etching, dicing, electrical device characterization, and quality controls.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for outsourcing appropriate fabrication process modules. Develop test plans to validate and qualify vendors.
- Develop and document manufacturing processes for the launch of new semiconductor products.
- Improve and optimize processes across our TEM Grid product lines, including our patented carbon lift-off process.
- Assess new product manufacturability and provide manufacturing recommendations for new products.
- Lead the investigation of semiconductor quality issues, perform root cause analysis, and determine corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop manufacturing process instructions, test instructions, controls, and quality inspection records.
- Identify and implement new manufacturing technologies, tools, processes, or equipment.
- Monitor manufacturing processes to identify ways to improve product yield, decrease productions time, and/or improve quality.
- Assist in developing procedures for maintaining manufacturing equipment.
- 5+Years of experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication
- B.S. in Materials Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with semiconductor device and process characterization
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in a production volume environment
- Self-motivated, ambitious, strong team player, high energy.
- Excellent teamwork and people skills.
- Project Management skills
- Process optimization in a semiconductor fabrication environment
- Statistical Process Control, experience with Minitab or JMP preferred
- Experience with database queries, MS Access and SQL Database preferred
- Familiarity with Six Sigma Techniques, DOE techniques, Continuous Improvement Projects, 8Ds, 5S, DMAIC Process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Teams
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific PPE requirements for repeated processing and exposure to process chemicals.
- Work is primarily performed in a combination office, manufacturing facility, and offsite manufacturing cleanroom.