Regional Sales Manager, Americas
This position is responsible for the management of Protochips products sales in the Americas region, including North, Latin, Central and South America, as well as the United States. This position manages the direct and indirect channel for sales of the Company’s products and services, via direct customer interaction, field staff management, and/or cooperation with external channel partners, using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in the selection of products/services solutions to best satisfy their needs resulting in revenue generation for Protochips. It is expected that input and activity from this position funds various aspects of marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and services.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
- Generation of revenue via the sale of all products assigned, against given targets. Ancillarily, generation of sales leads for other members of the team, as these opportunities arise.
- Support/training of external channel partners, as necessary to ensure consistent growth of the business.
- Determination of local marketing strategies and goals for each product and service, using market research to assess customer needs and sharing information with management and other team members.
- Research and development of potential target customer contact lists. Follow up on sales leads and development of opportunities toward successfully closed orders.
- Maximize Protochips’ visibility and penetration in the assigned region by adherence to the Sales Territory and Opportunity Management Methodology in place by the team.
- Provide detailed quotations to end users for current purchases and/or budget/grant proposals.
- Schedule and log all activity into a CRM database, including creation and maintenance of all sales opportunities, as defined by Sales Department policies.
- Work closely with service to help achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work with accounting and service to resolve on-going accounts-receivable issues.
- Organization of local events, including product workshops, local society and trade meetings, user meetings and customer presentations. As necessary, customization of existing or new sales collateral to support the successful close of an order.
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Experience selling in large territories with state-of-the-art product offerings.
- Experience in managing field sales and external channel sales assets successfully.
- Demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of new technology trends and their applications to real world projects.
- Must possess a high degree of diplomacy, judgment, and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Use of Microsoft Office and other business systems with a high level of efficiency.
- Experience with a CRM, such as Salesforce.com, is preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Depending on the territory in question, local language skills are preferred, as well. In this case, command of the English language is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a scientific degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of sales experience preferred.
- 2-5 years of management experience preferred.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent travel required.