Company Overview: Are we all scientists? A few of us are. The rest are a mix of globe-trotters, gearheads, bean-counters, gadget geeks, artists, coders, bloggers, and fixers. Led by a management team who truly care about and empower the team, our shared vision is “To make the processes of scientific discovery smarter, faster and easier.”
Headquartered in the heart of the Research Triangle of North Carolina, with sales offices in Berlin and Shanghai, Protochips serves top international universities, national labs, research centers, and Fortune 100 companies located in over 25 countries. As the global market leader in the revolutionary and rapidly expanding field of real time, or in situ electron microscopy our expanding portfolio of products enables our customers to achieve break-through discoveries by visualizing biological, chemical and physical processes in completely new ways.
Our eclectic team of doers and dreamers will welcome your experience, respect your individuality, and foster your creativity.
The Position: The Administrative assistant / Office Manager will organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. The office manager responsibilities include scheduling meeting and appointment, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to the company employees as well as filing, scanning, scheduling meetings, and file management. This individual will also be responsible for supporting the accounting and finance organization, as well as be the face of the company.
1. Purchasing for office, including IT purchases, business cards, and office supplies
2. Planning in-house events such company meetings, and celebrations, board lunches, and travel
3. Develop and maintain physical and electronic filing systems for corporate documents and contacts
4. Responsible for daily office operations and arranging necessary repairs with facility management
5. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive corporate information
6. Assist with data entry, entering and reviewing expense reports, Accounts payable, new hire onboarding, benefits, hourly time card approval, and other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of office management and / or administrative experience is required
• Accounting experience a plus
• Knowledge and experience in office management systems and procedures
• Flexibility to adapt to a quickly changing and growing organization
• Excellent analytical, computational, time/task management, interpersonal communications and writing skills, along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Strong customer service skills and sense of confidentiality
• Close attention to detail, with a flexible problem-solving mindset
• Hands-on, friendly personality with a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment essential
• Desire to be part of a growing, fast-paced company
• Working knowledge of office equipment such as printers, copiers and fax machines
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet search, and social media tools
• Self-starter, ability to work independently, strong organizational skills, manage and drive workload to completion with a sense of urgency is required.
• Associate degree preferable
Hit APPLY button to send a resume to Tina
Protochips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.