Job Title: Manufacturing Accountant
Reports To: Dir of Finance & HR
The Manufacturing Accountant is responsible for recording daily activity in the general ledger for both Revenue and Expenses ensuring accurate accounting records by using Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures. The position is responsible for performing cost analyses to identify margin trends and cost improvements and encompasses a combination of cost and financial accounting responsibilities.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- Daily invoicing and cash receipts processing, revenue allocations and revenue recognition for complex contracts.
- Assist with Accounts Payable processing when needed.
- Review inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses and profitability.
- Review and analyze direct costs, indirect costs, and allocated costs and variances by product line and departmentally for profitability and provide variance to budget/forecast analyses.
- Calculate annual standard labor and overhead rates.
- Assist in the month-end close process to include bank reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations and documentation, commission calculations, recording accruals, and consolidation of a foreign Subsidiary.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental expenses and compare against budget/forecast, highlighting deviations for further analysis and discussion.
- Assist in budget and forecast process, prepare reports for department expenses.
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and recommend cost-effective improvements.
- Manage State business registrations and annual reporting requirements.
- Organize and coordinate Sales & Use Tax requirements.
- Annual 1099 and 3921 preparation and filing.
- 5+Years of experience in Accounting, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of Revenue Recognition and ASC 606.
- B.S. in Accounting from a 4 year University is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, make monthly deadlines and use good judgement and decision-making skills required.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, strong team player in a fast-paced setting required.
- Excellent teamwork and people skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or software environment preferred.
- Experience using NetSuite preferred.
- Masters Degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a combination office/home and manufacturing facility.