Job Title: Buyer / Planner
Job Type: Full-time, salaried position
Company Overview: Are we all scientists? A few of us are. The rest are a mix of globe-trotters, gearheads, bean-counters, gadget geeks, artists, coders, bloggers, and fixers. Led by a management team who truly care about and empower the team, our shared vision is “To make the processes of scientific discovery smarter, faster and easier.”
Headquartered in the heart of the Research Triangle of North Carolina, with sales offices in Berlin and Shanghai, Protochips serves top international universities, national labs, research centers, and Fortune 100 companies located in over 25 countries. As the global market leader in the revolutionary and rapidly expanding field of real time, or in situ electron microscopy our expanding portfolio of products enables our customers to achieve break-through discoveries by visualizing biological, chemical and physical processes in completely new ways.
Our eclectic team of doers and dreamers will welcome your experience, respect your individuality, and foster your creativity.
The Position: We are in need of an experienced buyer / planner to support our manufacturing facility located in Morrisville, NC. Reporting to the Materials Manager, the buyer / planner is responsible to anticipate and maintain inventory levels to support production schedules and achieve company goals. The role spans materials requirements planning, purchasing, supplier relationship management, and supplier selection on new product introductions. The right person will be comfortable working independently as well as within cross functional teams.
• Placement and maintenance of purchase orders required to support daily factory requirements
• Communicate with Manufacturing and Engineering teams to understand their procurement needs
• Communicate with suppliers to ensure favorable pricing and on-time delivery of both recurring needs and new items
• Manage the RFx process
• Establish, maintain, and optimize inventory stocking levels and ordering parameters
• Participate and represent Materials Management in our product development process and product life-cycle management
• 3+ years purchasing experience, with responsibility for negotiating commercial terms and supplier relationship management; prior experience sourcing high-tolerance machined parts is preferred
• 3+ years planning materials for a fast-paced manufacturing environment; high-tech, medical devices, or similar industry experience is preferred
• NetSuite experience is a requirement
• Superior communication and influencing skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, or Supply Chain preferred
Please hit the APPLY button to send a resume or CV to Lee Hudgins
Protochips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.