Job Title:Electro-Mechanical Technician 1
Reports To: Manufacturing Mgr
Department: Manufacturing Operations
The Electro-Mechanical Technician 1 work with direction from the Manufacturing Manager to assemble, inspect, and test our products (including cables, sub-assemblies, and finished products). The position requires a motivation with forward-thinking and detail oriented with a relentless focus on quality,
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex precision electrical and mechanical assembly utilizing optical microscopes for extended periods (up to 40% of manufacturing time)
- Assemble, align, inspect, and test sub-assemblies and final assemblies using approved methods and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and detailed record keeping during all production activities in accordance with current work instructions.
- Assist R&D during development of new products, providing creative solutions to issues found during development and assembly of devices
- 2+ years in an electronics field or a 2 year technical degree in related field (i.e. manufacturing, industrial, electro-mechanical, electronics, electrical, medical device, or military training)
- 2+ years soldering experience or formal training (IPC610 Certification preferred or equivalent)
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in a production volume environment
- Experience reading mechanical drawings, schematic/pneumatic diagrams, and technical documentation
- Experience using electronic and mechanical test equipment (Power meters, MicroVu Systems, Multimeter, Micrometers, and Calipers)
- Experience with Hazmat SDS systems, 5S organizations training, and Personal Protective Equipment standards and procedures (Certifications Preferred)
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance programs and processes
- Experience of root cause failure analysis, documentation, and RMA/rework repair
- Basic understanding of ESD
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Operating systems
- Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
- Good coordination, fine motor skills, and dexterity (small parts manipulation)
- Preferred experience in high vacuum and/or Carbon Evaporation Systems
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods, with focus on small and intricate parts requires dexterity and fine motor skills.
- PPE is required.