Combine your business, technical, and sales skills to build on our rapid growth in the in situelectron microscopy market. In this role you will have direct responsibility for growing both revenue and market share through direct sales and channel management. To be effective in this role, you must be highly motivated, enjoy working with a small, dynamic team, have a “whatever it takes” attitude, a varied skill set, and a desire to make an impact. Nanotechnology is changing how companies and labs develop products and technologies, and in situ electron microscopy is revolutionizing the process and accelerating results.
- Increase Protochips’ market through development and implementation of an effective business, marketing, and sales plan.
- Along with direct sales, manage and drive a regional distributor network to grow the opportunity pipeline and revenue.
- Drive and track sales targets and maintain an accurate forecast in our CRM system.
- Coordinate with applications support, your sales channels, and marketing to drive activities that enhance awareness, acceptance, and sale of our products, including product demonstrations, customer workshops, seminars, and regional industry events.
- Close coordination with and management of applications team resources to support sales success.
- Identify & communicate industry, product, and competitive trends to ensure products maintain market leadership.
- Develop product competence and technical knowledge allowing you to effectively present and sell products and train your channels.
Expertise: Account/Channel/Sales Management and Direct Sales of scientific capital equipment; both public & private segments
Education: BS, MS, or PhD
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Director
- BS Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or a comparable scientific degree
- 5+ years of account management and sales of high-value scientific capital equipment – preferably in the microscopy or analytic scientific equipment industry
- Successful experience selling into both private & public sectors
- Motivated and organized self-starter who requires limited supervision and has demonstrated success developing and executing a sales strategy and sales plan to meet revenue targets and achieve company strategic objectives
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively interact at director level
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of sales processes, e.g. prospect development, negotiation, forecasting, etc, and proficiency in CRMs and other business tools
- Proficient in writing customer proposals and closing deals
- Channel management
- Available for up to 50% business travel
- Possess valid passport; able to travel internationally
- MS or greater in relevant science or engineering discipline; MBA
- 10+ years of direct sales experience in electron microscopy or analytic scientific equipment industries
- In-depth knowledge of the microscopy market
- Experience managing a sales team and channels
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical plan
- Matching 401K
- Generous holiday and PTO plan